Feedback from the Lancashire Cricket Foundation and the Lancashire League suggest that we are on course to start the season on time, albeit with a number of Covid related protocols in place.
Chairman Rob Kilvington will send out a specific newsletter on the protocols that will be in place for start of the season next week, but the key dates / issues to be mindful of are as follows :-
- Tuesday 6th April – first senior nets from 6pm subject to Covid training protocols and the state of the outfield after the downpours of the last few weeks.
- Saturday 10th / Sunday 11th April – whilst we have home matches for the 2nds on Saturday 10th (friendly v Todmorden 2nds) and 3rds on Sunday 11th (League match v Enfield 3rds) the Covid protocols currently demand that these matches are played behind closed doors.
- Whilst this concept isn’t easy to apply at GCC, we do ask that all our members and visitors don’t come down to club for these matches as they will unfortunately have to be turned away. Thankfully this will hopefully only apply to the first weekend of fixtures.
- Friday 16th April – first junior nets from 6pm, again subject to Covid training protocols and the state of the outfield after the downpours of the last few weeks.
- Saturday 17th / Sunday 18th April – Covid protocols are due to allow people onto the ground for the second weekend of cricket, so we will be looking forward to seeing you as our 2nds play Lowerhouse 2nds in a friendly on Saturday 17th and Accrington 2nds in the league on Sunday 18th. Our 1st team will be playing the reverse fixtures at Lowerhouse and Accrington respectively whilst the 3rds continue their league programme away at Church on Saturday 17th.
Regarding that first junior practice scheduled for Friday 16th April, details around the various age groups which vary from Under 9s through to Under 18s can be found on the website’s Junior Cricket page. The All Stars programme which is scheduled to start on Friday 7th May, and is run in conjunction with the English Cricket Board, is unfortunately already oversubscribed so we are unable to accept any new registrations for this.