In a change to the existing Covid regulations at the Log Cabin we will not be offering the waiting on service from Monday to Thursday while the club is comparatively quiet, however, it will return on Friday, Saturday and Sunday when we are traditionally busier.
All other Covid related protocols remain unchanged but we will continue to monitor the situation
Having had a couple of weeks since we re-opened fully on 19th July we still think that most of the measures we re-opened with are still appropriate.
The only change we will be making from Monday 2nd August is teh change to the waiting on service . All other protocols remain unchanged, ie
· As staff will continue to be the main movers between rooms within the clubhouse and to add a further element of protection for both bar staff and customers when customers are being served at the bar, staff will continue to wear masks when inside the clubhouse.
· While we cannot mandate it, it would be very much appreciated if members and visitors could continue to wear masks when moving around the clubhouse.
· We will continue to supply a waiting on service on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday when the club is traditionally busier than other days as we are not only aware that members and visitors have really liked this service, but some aren’t yet ready to go back to queuing at the bar for drinks when the clubhouse is busy.
· Whilst we will continue to supply a waiting on service, we will allow members and visitors to queue at the bar for drinks. It would be very much appreciated if masks were worn when queuing at the bar. We do request however that having bought drinks at the bar, members and visitors then drink away from the bar. Once again we feel it is a bit too early to go back to the days of people drinking at the bar, either whilst seated or standing.
· The bars will have space set aside for waiting on staff to work from, alongside space for those members / visitors who wish to order from the bar themselves.
· Hand sanitising units will remain on the walls within the clubhouse with dispensers remaining on the tables and we urge our staff, members and visitors to keep on making use of these; I think such units are probably here to stay and welcome their continued use.
· The restrictions that have been in place in relation to toilets will no longer apply but please just be sensible in relation to numbers actually within the toilets.
· Opening hours remain unchanged, ie
o 4pm to 11.30pm (last orders at 11pm) Monday to Friday
o Midday to 11.30pm (last orders at 11pm) Saturday
o Midday to 11.00pm (last orders at 10.30pm) Sunday
· Monday to Thursday we will serve from the Members’ Bar and have the Members’ Bar / Pool Room open. We will only open the Function Room if required as an overflow.
· Friday to Sunday we will have the function room open as well and have both bars open.
If everyone is careful and respectful of our staff, fellow members and visitors to the club then I’m sure that we will all be able to enjoy the rest of the summer and the freedoms that the vaccine roll out have afforded us. We will continue to review the above protocols and procedures that we have in place.
ROB KILVINGTON (GCC chairman)