On Monday 17th May we can open up inside, albeit under strict regulations. This is an update on what processes and protocols have been introduced to ensure that the Log Cabin is as safe an environment as it can be for our staff, members and visitors.
As we’ve seen in the news not only around the world but also here in the UK, Covid is still very much around, so your support in following these processes would be very much appreciated.
If people choose not to follow the processes they will be asked to leave as we really do want to make the Log Cabin a safe environment for everyone.
In summary the following will apply with effect from Monday 17th May :-
- Opening hours will revert to normal – ie:
- 4pm to 11.30pm (last orders at 11pm) Monday to Friday
- Midday to 11.30pm (last orders at 11pm) Saturday
- Midday to 11pm (last orders at 10.30pm) Sunday
- Monday to Thursday we will serve from the Members’ Bar and have the Members’ Bar / Pool Room open. We will only open the Function Room if required as an overflow.
- We will stop serving outside at 8pm from Monday to Thursday and from 9pm Friday to Sunday as it still remains too cold and most people will probably be inside anyway. We will continually review this as the evenings start to get warmer and some of the restrictions get lifted.
- Friday to Sunday we will have the function room open as well and have both bars open.
- We have to provide a waiting on service both indoors and outdoors, Covid regulations still don’t allow people to order from the bar.
- People have to remain seated while indoors and can only stand up to go to the toilet or when entering / exiting the club. When standing up indoors, people have to wear a mask.
- Indoor capacities will revert to :-
- 25 Members Bar
- 25 Pool Room
- 50 Function Room
Nothing really changes in relation to outside, the main rules are as follows :-
- People can only order from one of our waiting on staff
- People need to remain seated when drinking
- People need to remain socially distanced at all times
- Please use the Function Room toilets if you are drinking outside.
When using the toilet facilities, all visitors will be required to :-
- Wear a mask when inside the clubhouse
- Maintain social distancing when queuing for the toilets
- Observe the one in / one out protocol for the toilets using the vacant / occupied signs on the toilets as appropriate.
- Make good use of the hand sanitisers that are placed directly outside the toilets
We hope the update is useful, in the meantime let’s hope the weather remains kind to us and we continue to benefit from the sun as it makes the Log Cabin such a beautiful place to come and relax and watch cricket. I do hope to see you down at the Log Cabin over the coming weeks.
ROB KILVINGTON (GCC chairman)