The national Covid roadmap directs us to open up the bar for serving outside from Monday 12th April.
Predictably, regulations are particularly onerous but club officials feel they can meet these with your support.
Full details of what they plan to do, and what we need you to do to support us, will be sent out in due course once we’ve completed all our risk assessments etc but the key issues are as follows :
- The bar will only be open to 2021 club members (and to club members of opposition clubs). GCC club members (and opposition club members) will therefore need to show their new membership cards for 2021 before they can be served. Non-members will be welcome on the ground but we won’t be able to serve them alcohol
- Members will need to be seated at tables , benches or their camping chairs when placing an order with our waiters / waitresses and will need to remain seated when drinking.
- Members and their guests are requested to abide by the rule of 6 and to remain socially distanced at all times.
- The clubhouse can only be entered when using the toilet facilities, and masks will need to be worn when entering the clubhouse. Members and visitors are reminded to remain socially distanced when queuing inside the club.
- The Police and Covid Marshalls will be monitoring all bars and cricket clubs in the area and will have the powers to fine the club (£1,000) and customers (up to £800 each) for breaches and could ultimately close the club down if breaches continue, so your continued support in remaining compliant with the regulations and our own risk assessments would be very much appreciated.
- Our opening hours from 12th April will be as follows :-
- Monday to Thursday – 4pm to 8pm
- Friday – 4pm to 9pm
- Saturday & Sunday – midday to 9pm
Please note that these will be reviewed on a weekly basis with any updates being published on this website.
- The roadmap suggests that the club will possibly be able to open indoors once we get to 17th May, plans will be updated about this in due course.